Sunday, February 13, 2011

Beautiful Day in Februray for the First Ride of 2011

I know many of you braver souls or those living in warmer climates have already had your first ride of 2011 but today the temperature in Iowa was 47 degrees and the sun was out. That combined with having a babysitter lead to my husband and I taking our first wonderful ride of 2011.

We have not had the bikes out since mid November when the snow began to fall and although the ground is still snow covered, it was warm enough to cause the streets to be only wet. I always love the first ride of spring and roaring down the street only to find a new pothole formed over the winter time now filled with a deceptive pool of melted snow water.

My tire landed in a few of those today and I got wet! Loved every minute of it. I even loved the 2 pairs of pants, 2 jackets, and 2 pair of gloves I had on, trying to stay warm enough to make it 5 miles across town. I made it 10 miles in total before my fingers were too cold to feel the clutch and brake.

I can't describe how exhilarate the first ride of the season is!
"If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand".
(One of my favorite Harley Davidson sayings)

Next time I post, I promise to tell you how I partnered up to pass my rider's class. You will love the story of Donna and the instructors. I haven't forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment